turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I earned $1000 providing child care for my grandchild in my home how do I claim the income? My daughter is claiming the child care deduction.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
HelenaC

I earned $1000 providing child care for my grandchild in my home how do I claim the income? My daughter is claiming the child care deduction.

If you receive money from freelance or side jobs and getting paid cash, the income is reported as self-employed income. It is reported on Form 1040, Schedule C, Profit or Loss from Business.

To enter your self-employment income from cash, personal checks or credit card payments (1099-K):

1. When in your account, select the Take Me to My Return button on the main screen.
  2. Type “Schedule C” in the Search box
  3. Select the “Jump to” link.
  4. Answer the general questions about your business.
  5. At the Let’s get income for… screen, select Additional Income

When you’re self-employed, you’ll also want to review your expenses. If they are work-related expenses, you can deduct them.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
HelenaC

If you receive money from freelance or side jobs and getting paid cash, the income is reported as self-employed income. It is reported on Form 1040, Schedule C, Profit or Loss from Business.

To enter your self-employment income from cash, personal checks or credit card payments (1099-K):

1. When in your account, select the Take Me to My Return button on the main screen.
  2. Type “Schedule C” in the Search box
  3. Select the “Jump to” link.
  4. Answer the general questions about your business.
  5. At the Let’s get income for… screen, select Additional Income

When you’re self-employed, you’ll also want to review your expenses. If they are work-related expenses, you can deduct them.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies