joeval33

If my children live in my AZ home and my husband and I live in TX do I still need to file taxes in AZ?

I also own property in NM but take a loss on it therefore I don't file in NM but my children I will be supporting in my AZ home.

TPKR

Sounds like your home in AZ is not a rental.  Instead, it's a second home your children occupy.  If this is a case there would be no need to file an arizona return because you  have no income derived from the state.  There are basically two conditions in which a state can tax an individual:

1.  The individual has sourced income from that state.

2.  The individual is a resident of that state.

TPKR