Solved: If I put on Line 21 of schedule E worksheet under dispositions the total sale amount what goes on line 24?

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If I put on Line 21 of schedule E worksheet under dispositions the total sale amount what goes on line 24?

If I put the sales amount from the 1099-S on Line 21, what is supposed to go on line 24 of the worksheet? If I put the value of the land from the tax bill in there wont it make the sale that much higher? Or am I supposed to reduce line 21 by the amount of the land?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Level 7

If I put on Line 21 of schedule E worksheet under dispositions the total sale amount what goes on line 24?

Lines 21 and 24 are separate - do not include in line 21 any amount of the total sales price attributable to land. If the 1099-S is the total sales price then divvy it up between lines 21 & 24 as best you can.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Level 7

Lines 21 and 24 are separate - do not include in line 21 any amount of the total sales price attributable to land. If the 1099-S is the total sales price then divvy it up between lines 21 & 24 as best you can.

View solution in original post

Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings