bbcampbell0514

If I had to purchase my own scrubs for work and my husband had to purchase work attire for his job are these things that we can deduct?

If you are both employee's who receive a W-2 for your wages then employee business expenses are not deductible on a federal tax return due to the tax code changes for tax years 2018 thru 2025.

No, not if you are W-2 employees.  Job-related expenses are not deductible on your federal return if you are a W-2 employee.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4482873-which-federal-tax-deductions-have-been-suspended-by-tax-re...