daniel-termine

If filing married separately can my wife and i both claim the mortgage interest paid and property taxes paid in 2017

You cannot claim more than 100% of the total between the two of you.
Did you already file Joint for 2017?
MinhT

No, you cannot both claim the full mortgage interest and property taxes. You can split the amounts between you in any way you wish.

However, if you are married filing separately, both must use the same deduction option: either both take standard deductions OR both take the itemized deductions

"You can split the amounts between you in any way you wish."
If you are in a Community Property State, you must split it 50/50.

Community property states:  AZ, CA, ID, LA, NV, NM, TX, WA, WI