Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I would like to have a copy of my itemized deductions, even though I had to take the standard deduction.

So, it was very surprising that the standard deduction amount increased so much this year. But. since it outweighed my itemized deductions, we took the standard $24,000 deduction. 

But I would like a summary of what Schedule A would have looked like (with a summary of what deductions I was eligible for). I mean what if the powers that be change the tax code back, I need itemized deductions next year and I decide to do my own taxes. I don't see any way to do this.

Turbo Tax told me I would need the Deluxe version of Turbo Tax. But if I am taking only the standard deduction, is that really true.

In any case, I would like a summary of what would have been my standardized dedcuctions.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

I would like to have a copy of my itemized deductions, even though I had to take the standard deduction.

In TurboTax Online there is no way to get a copy of a form (such as Schedule A) that is not used in your tax return. In the CD/Download TurboTax software you can switch to forms mode and view or print a form even if it's not active in your tax return. The Schedule A would show your itemized deductions.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies