Solved: I work as a Speech Pathology Assistant in a private clinic. I provide my own materials for therapy. Are therapy materials tax deductible?

robertscarin

I work as a Speech Pathology Assistant in a private clinic. I provide my own materials for therapy. Are therapy materials tax deductible?

Are therapy materials deductible? I purchase games and on line materials for speech therapy. I also purchase card stock and laminate for printing online materials such as flash cards and games. Wondering if anything can be used as a tax deduction.

NicoleU

Yes , you can deduct your therapy materials.

Please see the following directions:

1. Select Federal Taxes
  2. Select Deductions & Credits
  3. Scroll down the Deductions & Credits screen until you see the Employment Expenses.
  4. Click on the Start/Update button next to the Job Expenses for W-2 Income.
  5. Follow the prompts, until you see Job-Related Expenses, type in your descriptions.

NicoleU

Please see the following directions:

1. Select Federal Taxes
  2. Select Deductions & Credits