Solved: I work as a Speech Pathology Assistant in a private clinic. I provide my own materials for therapy. Are therapy materials tax deductible?

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I work as a Speech Pathology Assistant in a private clinic. I provide my own materials for therapy. Are therapy materials tax deductible?

Are therapy materials deductible? I purchase games and on line materials for speech therapy. I also purchase card stock and laminate for printing online materials such as flash cards and games. Wondering if anything can be used as a tax deduction.
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I work as a Speech Pathology Assistant in a private clinic. I provide my own materials for therapy. Are therapy materials tax deductible?

Yes , you can deduct your therapy materials.

Please see the following directions:

1. Select Federal Taxes
  2. Select Deductions & Credits
  3. Scroll down the Deductions & Credits screen until you see the Employment Expenses.
  4. Click on the Start/Update button next to the Job Expenses for W-2 Income.
  5. Follow the prompts, until you see Job-Related Expenses, type in your descriptions.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Yes , you can deduct your therapy materials.

Please see the following directions:

1. Select Federal Taxes
  2. Select Deductions & Credits
  3. Scroll down the Deductions & Credits screen until you see the Employment Expenses.
  4. Click on the Start/Update button next to the Job Expenses for W-2 Income.
  5. Follow the prompts, until you see Job-Related Expenses, type in your descriptions.

View solution in original post

Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings