`

I work as a carrier for USPS. As a Rural Carrier I drive my own vehicle. A portion of my daily pay is reimbursement for mileage. Can I claim any work related expenses.

Yes, if you have job-related expenses that are more than the reimbursement you received.

Note that employee job-related expenses are considered Miscellaneous Expenses; total Miscellaneous Expenses must exceed 2 percent of your adjusted gross income (AGI) in order to be included on your tax return.

To enter these expenses in TurboTax:

1. Select Federal Taxes.
  2. Select Deductions & Credits, and in the next screen, click "I'll choose what I work on."
  3. Scroll down the Deductions & Credits screen until you see the Employment Expenses group.
  4. Click on the Start/Update button next to the Job-Related Expenses category.
  5. Follow the prompts.

TurboTax will help you determine if your expenses can be reported and if your total Miscellaneous Expenses meet the threshold to be deductible.

To enter these expenses in TurboTax:

1. Select Federal Taxes.
  5. Follow the prompts.