Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I want to find where I made inputs to Sch C for Home Office square footage. How do I locate this on Turbo Tax on my return for 2016?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
LindaA
Expert Alumni

I want to find where I made inputs to Sch C for Home Office square footage. How do I locate this on Turbo Tax on my return for 2016?

To revisit your Schedule C home office information:

• Continue your return in TurboTax Online. (If your return isn't open, you'll need to sign in and click Take me to my return.)
  • Click the Business tab, then click Continue.
  • Under How do you want to enter your business income?, click I'll choose what I work on.
  • Under Let's gather your business info, click Update next to Business Income and Expenses.
  • Under Here's the business info we have so far, click Edit next to the entry for your business.
  • Under Your Business, scroll down to Business Expenses and click Update next to Home Office Expense.
  • Under Home office summary, click Edit next to the entry for your office.
  • Keep clicking Continue to advance through this part of the interview. Several screens in you'll reach Let's review the size of your home office. (Click the screenshot below for reference.)

Note: If using the TurboTax CD/Download software, you'll use the Find function (instead of "My Account") to search for the topic.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
LindaA
Expert Alumni

To revisit your Schedule C home office information:

• Continue your return in TurboTax Online. (If your return isn't open, you'll need to sign in and click Take me to my return.)
  • Click the Business tab, then click Continue.
  • Under How do you want to enter your business income?, click I'll choose what I work on.
  • Under Let's gather your business info, click Update next to Business Income and Expenses.
  • Under Here's the business info we have so far, click Edit next to the entry for your business.
  • Under Your Business, scroll down to Business Expenses and click Update next to Home Office Expense.
  • Under Home office summary, click Edit next to the entry for your office.
  • Keep clicking Continue to advance through this part of the interview. Several screens in you'll reach Let's review the size of your home office. (Click the screenshot below for reference.)

Note: If using the TurboTax CD/Download software, you'll use the Find function (instead of "My Account") to search for the topic.

EvelynA1
Returning Member

It would be great if someone could answer this question for 2021 return.  I do not find a business tab as referred to in the answer.  I have the turbo tax self employed and am in a perpetual loop.

MarilynG1
Expert Alumni

No, in TurboTax Self-Employed, you can type 'Schedule C' in the Search area, then click on 'Jump to schedule c'.

Edit your Business.

Look for Home Office (under Expenses) on the next page (screenshot).

Click this link for more info on How to Enter a Home Office Deduction.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies