To enter your home office expense along with other common business expenses:
- Open your return. (To do this, sign in to TurboTax and select the blue Take me to my return button.)
- Search for Schedule C and select the Jump to link in the search results.
- If this is your first time entering info about your business, you’ll be asked some questions to start. If you have already entered some info about your business, click Edit next to your business.
- Proceed through any additional screens.
- You'll be asked What kind of expenses did you have for (type of work). Select Home office. You can also select any other expense categories that apply to your business. Select Continue at the bottom of the screen when you're done.
- On the Here's your (type of work) info screen, scroll down to the Expenses section, and select Start next to Home Office.
- Enter the info about your home office.