shelbydee22

I've been living abroad in China from 2016 until now (2018). How do I file my taxes living abroad? Which Turbo Tax option is the best for me?

LinaJ2018

I would suggest you upgrade to TurboTax Deluxe online edition. ( If you would like to access to all your tax forms and worksheets for verification before you file, I would recommend TurboTax Deluxe desktop version.  See Comparisons

Per IRS, if you are a US citizen and resident, live and work outside the United States for at least 330 days during 12 consecutive months, you might be able to exclude your foreign income from your taxes.  For more information, see   Foreign income and exclusion and  Extension.  For the tax year of 2017, the maximum foreign earned income exclusion amount is $102,100.   

To enter foreign earned income / exclusion in TurboTax online program:

1. After sign into your account, select Take me to my return 

2.  At the right upper corner, in the search box, type in foreign income and Enter 

3.  Select Jump to foreign income 

4.  Next screen, Did You Make Any Money Outside the United States? answer Yes

5.  On-screen, What Form(s) Was Foreign Income Reported On ? make your selection and follow prompts

LinaJ2018

3.  Select Jump to foreign income