loreanserko

I think that the my HSA contributions are being deducted twice on my return. I can't figure out why.

The pre-tax amount is shown on my W2, but then it is also pulling into the HSA deduction section and increases my refund amount by ~$700 which I don't think is correct. Help!
PaulaM

Make sure you didn't enter your contributions twice. A common error that usually results in excess contributions is if you, on the Let's enter your HSA contributions screen, accidentally duplicated the amounts already reported in the first line, contributions from Box 12 code W of your W-2. 

On your W-2, the Box 12 code W amount includes both the employer and employee pre-tax contributions, including incentives.  If you contributed to your HSA only through payroll deductions, do not enter them anywhere else in TurboTax.

If you think you may have made this error, revisit the section to edit. 

• In your open return, select My Account
  • Select Tools
  • Select Topic Search
  • Type 'hsa' in the box, then select GO

See attachment.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2899169-why-am-i-showing-an-excess-hsa-contribution