alsubway

I sold a home in Alabama (taxes for 1/2 year) and bought a home in Tennessee (taxes for the other 1/2 year). How do I report this in Turbo Tax?

Both homes were my residence.  I own no other property.  There is only one box for Property tax.  Do I combine the two numbers and then fix the number when I file Alabama taxes?

DS30

Yes, you will combined these property tax amounts on your federal income tax return but will need to adjust out the TN property tax amount  when reporting deductions on your AL state income tax return.

DS30