kitchell3772506

I sold a home in 2016 that was owned by myself and my ex-husband. He still lived in the house. We took a huge loss on this home . Can I claim part of that loss? Is that c

In the divorce decree I was to get half of any profits so canI claim half of the loss since it was not my residence?
Phillip1

If the home was a property that was held for investment (or was a rental or business propety) while you were married, you could claim a loss. 

However, if this was your residence while you were married, this would be considered a personal capital loss. Unfortunately, personal capital losses are not deductible.