turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

capntangen
Returning Member

I sold a home and had a home office and I need to put in the depreciation. Where do I look for this on past returns?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
JulieS
Expert Alumni

I sold a home and had a home office and I need to put in the depreciation. Where do I look for this on past returns?

You can check your most recent tax return that included the home office deduction on it.

If you had an employee business expenses home office (related to a job where you received a W-2 form), look for Employee Home Office Asset Entry Worksheet. Your prior depreciation will be on line 10 and your current depreciation will be on line 11.

If it was a home office related to self-employment (your own business or 1099-MISC income), look for Form 8829 Asset Entry Worksheet. Your prior depreciation will be on line 10 and your current depreciation will be on line 11.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
capntangen
Returning Member

Thanks. The form number was key (for Schedule C), but it looks like it is line 42 instead? I don't see carryover from the previous year, either.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies