Solved: I revised box 12w on my federal income, but it is not revising the amount in the HSA section for employer contributions. How do I correct the amount? .

I revised box 12w on my federal income, but it is not revising the amount in the HSA section for employer contributions. How do I correct the amount? .

Are you saying that the first line on the screen entitled "Let's enter your HSA contributions" (see screenshot below), is not the same as the number on your W-2 in box 12 with a code of W? It should be.

Why do you want to correct it? Is the number in box 12 on the W-2 wrong? If so, you need to get a corrected W-2 from your employer.

Or do you want to break out your payroll deductions from the employer contributions in the amount with code W in box 12? If so, don't. The amount that your employer contributes and what you contribute by means of payroll deduction are together called the "employer contribution", and this amount is supposed to appear on the first line on this screen. 

The second line for "personal" contributions is only for contributions that you made directly to your HSA outside of your employer.

If you are saying that you changed the code W amount on the W-2 (for good cause), but do not see a change in the HSA interview on the screen below, then delete the HSA information and start over by doing the following:

1. make a copy of your W-2(s) (if you don't have the paper copies)

2. delete your W-2(s) (use the garbage can icon next to the W-2(s) on the Income screen

*** Desktop***

3. go to View (at the top), choose Forms, and select the desired form. Note the Delete Form button at the bottom of the screen.

*** Online ***

3. go to Tax Tools (on the left), and navigate to Tools->Delete a form

4. delete form(s) 1099-SA (if one), 8889-T, and 8889-S (if one)

5. go back and re-add your W-2(s), preferably adding them manually

6. go back and redo the entire HSA interview. 

*** Desktop***

*** Online ***