Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

john24

I received 1098-MA for home mortgage assistance while I was unemployeed 5mt last year. I don't know where I should input my 1098-MA for $8,082.85 in turbo tax

I received 1098-MA for home mortgage assistance while I was unemployeed 5 months last year. I don't know where I should input my 1098-MA for $8,082.85 in turbotax. Turbo tax does not show 1098-MA section.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

I received 1098-MA for home mortgage assistance while I was unemployeed 5mt last year. I don't know where I should input my 1098-MA for $8,082.85 in turbo tax

The Form 1098-MA, Mortgage Assistance Payments is for informational purposes only. It is not entered into TurboTax or reported on your federal return. 

If you have a Form 1098-Mortgage Interest Statement, you'd enter that into your return and may need to adjust your entries based on the numbers on your 1098-MA.

So if you are planning to claim mortgage interest deduction, you'd use the information to make sure that you are only claiming the interest payments that were made by you (this is usually in box 3) and not the payments made by the government on your behalf. The amount paid by the government is indicated on 1098-MA.