Where do I enter my 1098 mortgage interest statement?
If you didn't get your 1098 from your mortgage company by early February, you might be able to find this information on January's mortgage statement. Contact your lender if you think your 1098 is missing information or if you need help deciphering it.
Here's how to enter your mortgage interest statement in TurboTax (tap for alternate instructions if using our mobile app):
- With your return open, search for 1098 and then click or tap the "Jump to" link in the search results.
- Answer Yes to Did you have any home loans in 2016?
- Type in the name of your mortgage company on the Enter your mortgage lender screen, then click or tap Continue.
- Make your selection on the Do any of these uncommon situations apply? screen, then click or tap Continue.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to enter the rest of your 1098 info.