Solved: I purchased a new construction home with solar panels installed as part of the construction (I own the panels - not a lease). Can I claim this for a solar energy credit?

I purchased a new construction home with solar panels installed as part of the construction (I own the panels - not a lease). Can I claim this for a solar energy credit?

I do not have an exact value for the installation and cost of the panels, but I'm guessing my builder may be able to provide this information. Also the panels were not activated until a few months after I moved into my house.

Yes, this credit belongs to the homeowner, not the builder. Contact your builder and see if he will give you the required information.