Solved: I purchased a new construction home with solar panels installed as part of the construction (I own the panels - not a lease). Can I claim this for a solar energy credit?
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

I purchased a new construction home with solar panels installed as part of the construction (I own the panels - not a lease). Can I claim this for a solar energy credit?

I do not have an exact value for the installation and cost of the panels, but I'm guessing my builder may be able to provide this information. Also the panels were not activated until a few months after I moved into my house.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 13

I purchased a new construction home with solar panels installed as part of the construction (I own the panels - not a lease). Can I claim this for a solar energy credit?

Yes, this credit belongs to the homeowner, not the builder. Contact your builder and see if he will give you the required information. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 13

Yes, this credit belongs to the homeowner, not the builder. Contact your builder and see if he will give you the required information. 

View solution in original post

Privacy Settings