janmrz99

I paid fees to attend professional related conferences. Are those listed as travel expenses or as professional fees? I am a private consultant.

I am a legal educational consultant. I attend several professionally related conferences each year, and I pay out of pocket for these.

Are these listed as travel expenses, professional fees, or miscellaneous with your Turbo Tax categories?

KittyM

The conference itself would generally be considered continuing education or placed in a category relating to the purpose of the conference.  You can add categories in TurboTax if the general categories do not fit your needs.  There is a button to Add a category at the end of the general list.

The travel costs of the conference would be placed separately, in the travel expense category.

KittyM