mistiw3

I paid an individual the whole summer for childcare but its not a daycare and wont claim that on taxes. Is there any portion of that I can claim?

In order to claim the childcare credit you must include either the Social Security number or Tax ID of your childcare provider.  The IRS matches that up with the tax return of the childcare provider.  

Hal_Al

Your daycare provider does not have to be a formal business, for you to claim the day care credit. Anybody you pay to look after your child, while you work, qualifies, even a teenage kid (unless that kid is your dependent).

The daycare provider must claim the income  in any event,  whether or not you claim a deduction for it.