turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

lmwrlw

I own a timeshare in Florida are my HOA Fee Payment deductible. The timeshare is actually paid off?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
JulieH1

I own a timeshare in Florida are my HOA Fee Payment deductible. The timeshare is actually paid off?

Though many costs of owning a timeshare are deductible on your income taxes, including your mortgage interest and property taxes, the IRS does not allow you to deduct HOA fees, because they are considered an assessment by a private entity. If the timeshare is a rental property, however, HOA fees do become deductible.

Marc0607

So where do I deduct my HOA fees since my Timeshare is a rental. I had to include the rental income as income. Now I want to deduct the money I had to pay to have this timeshare. Just trying to break even.

JohnB5677
Employee Tax Expert

Yes, if you rent your timeshare you can offset it with your expenses.

Based on your description it sounds like you rent it 100% of the time.  If you wish to establish a rental property you will need the premier version of our software or higher.  You will post it under Rental Properties and Royalties.  You will then be able to deduct the HOA fees.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies