sncarter

I opened a Charitable Giving Acct. -501 C 3. Is this covered in Deluxe or Premiere Turbo tax programs?

TaxGuyBill

Can you clarify what you mean by a Charitable Giving "Acct"?

Did you file Form 1023 for your organization to become a tax exempt 501(c)(3) charitable organization?
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901356-does-turbotax-support-form-990-for-non-profits">https://tt...>
SteamTrain

@sncarter
Or did you just open an account and put $$ into a Donor Advised Charitable Fund?

Like the Fidelity Charitable fund, or the Vanguard Charitable fund?
____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
sncarter

I put money in Fidelity Charitable Fund
ScruffyCurmudgeon

The funds that you paid into the Fidelity Charitable Fund are the donated value that you would report.  Contributing money to a Charitable Fund is no different in the reporting than if you had given money directly to a church, educational institution or similar Charitable organization.  Since you are using the desktop software, the Deluxe version handles that as well as accounting for the Itemized Deductions on Schedule A.  So if that is all you are asking, there is not need to upgrade to Premier.
Scruffy Curmudgeon--PFFM/ IAFF, FireFighter/Paramedic - Locals 718/30, Univ. faculty
NOT INTUIT EMPLOYEE
USAR 64-67 AIS/ASA MOS 9301 - O3

- Just donating my time
**Say Thanks by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on ;"Mark as Best Answer;"
etccdb

turbo tax is no longer importing data from fidelity charitable

etccdb

no longer

SteamTrain

@etccdb 

I don't think it ever did so.....you have to enter your contributions "to" the Fidelity Charitable Gift Fund, manually into the tax software.

Grants that came out of that fund should never be entered as a part of your tax return.