turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I only have $2 on my HSA, can I just not put it so I can finish my Taxes?

It's asking me for sooooo much more and it's so beeping confusing now, I just want to end this nightmare nowwwwww, I ONLY have $2 on it and hating this so much. Can I not put it?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

It's not how much money is in the account that matters.  If you made contributions or withdrawals in 2016, those must be reported on form 8889, and that form isn't ready yet.  If you leave the form out, you WILL get a letter and a bill for taxes and penalties, because if you don't use the form to say that you used the withdrawal for qualified medical expenses, the IRS will assume the withdrawal were not qualified and will charge you tax on them.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

It's not how much money is in the account that matters.  If you made contributions or withdrawals in 2016, those must be reported on form 8889, and that form isn't ready yet.  If you leave the form out, you WILL get a letter and a bill for taxes and penalties, because if you don't use the form to say that you used the withdrawal for qualified medical expenses, the IRS will assume the withdrawal were not qualified and will charge you tax on them.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies