Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

dawool13

I no longer have a mortgage. So how do I pay my property tax? The escrow thing took care of it before.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

I no longer have a mortgage. So how do I pay my property tax? The escrow thing took care of it before.

You should get a bill in the mail.  Ask your county tax collector.  You can probably find out online. I can look up my house in California.  

Contact your county's property appraiser or tax assessor's office (or visit their website).

You should be receiving an invoice or tax bill in the mail and there is likely a method whereby you can pay online.

I will just add to the above that your assessor may already know that you paid off your mortgage, because the lender should have contacted them.  But you should also do it yourself.  You want to make sure the assessor has the right mailing address for you, and that you know what dates to expect your bill to be mailed to you and payments to be due.  

I even get an email when the tax bills are going out.  See if you can sign up on the county website.  

Next year, in the TT program you will skip the mortgage section and just enter the RE taxes in the next section : 

1aa.jpg

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies