lindamwalker

I need to know what are points and where do I find them concerning a loan

Marketstar

"Points" and loan origination fee are one in the same and you can find them on your HUD-1 settlement statement in the following area:

Lines 801 and 802 are your mortgage points, which probably are deductible. This information may be on your 1098 tax statement from your lender as well.. 

To enter points into TurboTax, follow the below sequence:

Federal Taxes>Deductions &Credits> Your Home, select Mortgage Interest and Refinancing, and Insurance- (See Did you pay points in 2016 when you took out the loan?) page

Marketstar