turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

After entering all data on form 1098, the mortgage interest amount is not posting to the turbo tax form block. Keeps posting message it needs review? Help

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

12 Replies
GabiU
Level 15

After entering all data on form 1098, the mortgage interest amount is not posting to the turbo tax form block. Keeps posting message it needs review? Help

I'm going to need your help to get more information. Please send me a diagnostic file which is a copy of your tax return that has all of your personal information removed. You can send one to us by following the directions below: 

1. Sign into your online account.

2. Locate the Tax Tools on the left hand side of the screen.

3. A Drop down will appear. Click on Share my file with agent.

5. This will generate a message that a diagnostic copy will be created. Click on OK, the tax file gets sanitized and transmitted to us.

6. Please provide the Token Number that was generated onto a response to this thread.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Token #524623. I am using online version and on the Your tax breaks page. Presume you downloaded from Well Fargo form 1098 data. I was prompted to add more mortgage info which I did but mortgage interest did not post to this page. Don’t know how to fix?

Also I understand that my mortgage interest may not be used because of standard deduction of $26,600 will be a better deduction than itemized method. Given all this, still don’t know why interest is not posted on the tax break page and still prompting me to review the 1098 form?
GabiU
Level 15

Under "Your home" & "Mortgage Interest, Refinancing, and Insurance" there's nothing entered in Box 1 in Mortgage Interest. Is this the spot your speaking of?
If not, screenshots will help if you're able.

Yes, that would be Box 1 of the form 1098.  I have that information on the hard copy 1098 from Well Fargo that I received and presumed that TT software download the 1098 numbers electronically to my TT file.  I did a screen shot but it would not load in this comment box.
Maybe since box 1 of 1098 is blank, I should manually key info from my hardcopy Well Fargo 1098 to accomplish the task.  Apparently the info was not loaded from TT well fargo 1098 form download.  Your thoughts?

/Users/mattserletic/Desktop/Screen Shot 2019-03-20 at 12.18.41 AM.png
GabiU
Level 15

You can attach it to your original question if you "edit" your question.
GabiU
Level 15

Yes! Please fill in box one manually.

I added screen shot of TT page I'm stuck on to the original question.  Hope you can see it.  Meanwhile, I'll create and add my hardcopy 1098 into TT to see if it will post Box 1 info.

ok, I resolved the problem by deleting 1098 download by TT and reentered a new 1098 using info from my hardcopy 1098.  I'm guessing there was some problem with the TT downloaded version. Anyway, appreciate your assistance, so now you can close out this ticket as resolved.

Moderator has been advised.

Issues with a 1098 form review.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies