thattallwizard

I lost a job during the previous year but was paid for the first three months of the year and received no tax form. How would this be fixed?

I was laid off from my previous job on March 30th, 2016. 

I don't remember receiving any tax form and none are in my documents. How can this be fixed? Or should it not be worried about?

There's a possibility that they were still using a previous address I had in their system when I first got the job.

MargaretL

I recommend that you contact your previous job and verify if the form W-2 was issued and possibly mailed to the wrong address.  If you are required to file a tax return, you must include all W-2 forms, no matter how small.  Otherwise, your return will not be accurate and the IRS will send you a letter in the summer asking you for extra tax due on that additional W-2. 

You may also contact IRS and request a copy of W-2 as well. If the company sent you one, they definitely sent one to the IRS as well: https://www.irs.gov/help-resources/tools-faqs/faqs-for-individuals/frequently-asked-tax-questions-an...