mkatiyar81

I have loan origination fee mentioned in my closing cost of mortgage, but an equal lender's credit amount has beed deducted from overall. Can I still report as pay points

KarenL2

Yes.  It still qualifies to be deducted.  If you refinanced, it must be amortized over the term of the loan.

• Federal Taxes tab (Personal in the Home and Business Version
  • Deductions and Credits
  • Your Home
  • Mortgage Interest and Refinancing (select Add a Lender if you have already entered one)

LingLing8

But how do you report the lender's credit?  Where do you enter in Turbo Tax?
KarenL2

The lender's credit is not entered.  Only the total points are entered.
fanfare

[removed]