Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

uio2824

I have FSA account. I was told that there is no 1099-sa for FSA account. how do I include FSA account info on my tax return?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
AnnetteB
Intuit Alumni

I have FSA account. I was told that there is no 1099-sa for FSA account. how do I include FSA account info on my tax return?

You do not need to enter any information about a medical Flexible Spending Account (FSA) anywhere in your tax return. 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3302130

If there is no requirement to enter data for FSA then why is there an error on the return requiring this data to complete.  The W2 has data for the contributions for the year and thus is requiring more data and always has.

motamedd

Is this answer still applicable for 2020 year tax year?

The return I'm trying to finish is for 2019. This person will have one for 2020 as well.

ErnieS0
Expert Alumni

@motamedd Yes. There is no 1099 for an FSA account. Your FSA is deducted from your Box 1 wages and shows up in Box 14 as Section 125.

@JRmamacat No. You do not need to enter any additional information about an FSA account. FSA plans are "use it or lose it." Any money that you don't spend is forfeited so there are no adjustments on the tax return.

Related Resource:

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies