crhfamilyman

I have been amortizing origination fee on home loan. Mortgage Interest amount is adding in origination fee. Is this correct?

Appears TurboTax is adding the origination fee (that is used to figure out the deductible points for the year when amortizing) to the Mortgage Interest line shown on the Deductions and Credit page but doesn't do this on Schedule A. This doesn't seem right. Is it? Last year it did show it also on Schedule A, so it looks like this has been corrected on Schedule A.

KatherineC

The Summary reflects the total amounts entered.  It does not necessarily reflect the amount that is actually deductible.

If you click on the amount beside "Mortgage Interest, Refinancing, and Insurance you will see a box that shows what makes up that amount.  (In my case it is showing the total of the Mortgage Interest amount for 2017 plus the total amount of points paid.) 

The correct amount is reflected on Schedule A.

KatherineC