Solved: I have an Au Pair and I have already put in the ag...

I have an Au Pair and I have already put in the agency fees and Au Pair's stipend to get the Child and Dependent Care Credit. Can I deduct expenses regarding her food, auto, cell phone that she uses to take care of our children? How and Where?

The only place to deduct child and dependent care expenses is on Form 2441 line 1.

The instructions do not define what these expenses can be, just that they must be work related.

"Child and dependent care expenses must be work related to qualify for the credit. Expenses are considered work related only if both of the following are true.

• They allow you (and your spouse if filing jointly) to work or look for work.

• They are for a qualifying person's care"

Publication 503 Page 6

Publication 503 Page 6