I have a property contribution over $200 with a receipt. Does it need to be attached? Can I file electronically with the property contribution receipt?

RichC

HelenaC

No, you don't have to attach a receipt for property contributions of $200. Keep the $200 receipt with your tax file. 

If you contributed Noncash Charitable Contributions of over $500 for all contributed property, you would need to complete Form 8283, Noncash Charitable Contributions.

If you contributed Motor Vehicles, Boats, and Airplanes over $500, you would need to complete Form 1098-C, Contributions of Motor Vehicles, Boats, and Airplanes (or equivalent contemporaneous written acknowledgement).

Note: Each of the above forms would need to be sent to the IRS, with Form 8453, within three days of e-filing