I have a property contribution over $200 with a receipt. Does it need to be attached? Can I file electronically with the property contribution receipt?

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RichC
Returning Member

I have a property contribution over $200 with a receipt. Does it need to be attached? Can I file electronically with the property contribution receipt?

1 Reply
HelenaC

No, you don't have to attach a receipt for property contributions of $200. Keep the $200 receipt with your tax file. 

If you contributed Noncash Charitable Contributions of over $500 for all contributed property, you would need to complete Form 8283, Noncash Charitable Contributions.

If you contributed Motor Vehicles, Boats, and Airplanes over $500, you would need to complete Form 1098-C, Contributions of Motor Vehicles, Boats, and Airplanes (or equivalent contemporaneous written acknowledgement).

Note: Each of the above forms would need to be sent to the IRS, with Form 8453, within three days of e-filing

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings