Solved: I filed using the self employment TurboTax For 2018,. Thé standard déduction was better. Should I just file w/o personal deductions w/o self emp fee next year?

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I filed using the self employment TurboTax For 2018,. Thé standard déduction was better. Should I just file w/o personal deductions w/o self emp fee next year?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I filed using the self employment TurboTax For 2018,. Thé standard déduction was better. Should I just file w/o personal deductions w/o self emp fee next year?

The new, larger standard deduction is much better for a lot of taxpayers this year. However, if you have income and expenses from self-employment, then the self-employment version is still necessary.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Level 15

Remember that Schedule C deductions are different than Schedule A  ones (or Standard deduction.).

The new, larger standard deduction is much better for a lot of taxpayers this year. However, if you have income and expenses from self-employment, then the self-employment version is still necessary.

View solution in original post

Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings