I drove for doordash this year..this is my 1st tim...

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
griot225

I drove for doordash this year..this is my 1st time doing a 1099..where do I enter my milage or even my car insurance,phone bills,and oil changes?

3 Replies
ReneeM7122
Level 6

I drove for doordash this year..this is my 1st time doing a 1099..where do I enter my milage or even my car insurance,phone bills,and oil changes?

The 1099 that you received from DoorDash , along with all of your mileage, car insurance, phone bills and other expenses, can be entered as follows:

• My Account > Tools > Topic Search > Type 1099 misc > Jump to 1099
  • Enter your 1099 misc and follow the prompts
  • My Account > Tools > Topic Search > Type vehicle expenses
  • On the Business Income and Expenses screen select Business Vehicle Expense
Taxjunkie

Where is "my account" at? I have a 1099-NEC would that make a difference?

gloriah5200
Expert Alumni

You will first go to the section for wages and income.  Then, you will say yes for self-employment income with a 1099-NEC.  Enter your income and expenses information under self-employment Sch C income and expenses section under "mileage".

No, that should not make a difference.  Just make sure that the income does go in correctly.  Some people have had a problem.

The 1099-NEC was brought back for 2020 tax returns just to report non-employee compensation and the box on the 1099-MISC which used to contain that information is gone on the 1099-misc for 2020 tax

returns.

[edited 03/21/2021|3:02 pm pst]

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings