turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

griot225

I drove for doordash this year..this is my 1st time doing a 1099..where do I enter my milage or even my car insurance,phone bills,and oil changes?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

I drove for doordash this year..this is my 1st time doing a 1099..where do I enter my milage or even my car insurance,phone bills,and oil changes?

The 1099 that you received from DoorDash , along with all of your mileage, car insurance, phone bills and other expenses, can be entered as follows:

• My Account > Tools > Topic Search > Type 1099 misc > Jump to 1099
  • Enter your 1099 misc and follow the prompts
  • My Account > Tools > Topic Search > Type vehicle expenses
  • On the Business Income and Expenses screen select Business Vehicle Expense
Taxjunkie
Returning Member

Where is "my account" at? I have a 1099-NEC would that make a difference?

gloriah5200
Expert Alumni

You will first go to the section for wages and income.  Then, you will say yes for self-employment income with a 1099-NEC.  Enter your income and expenses information under self-employment Sch C income and expenses section under "mileage".

No, that should not make a difference.  Just make sure that the income does go in correctly.  Some people have had a problem.

The 1099-NEC was brought back for 2020 tax returns just to report non-employee compensation and the box on the 1099-MISC which used to contain that information is gone on the 1099-misc for 2020 tax

returns.

[edited 03/21/2021|3:02 pm pst]

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies