Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Attend our Ask the Experts event about Extension Filers on Sept 25! >> RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

pincle620

I don't have 5329-T and don't know Year End HSA Value

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

You don't receive the 5329; TurboTax creates it for you when you have excess contributions that are carried over to the next year.

The HSA end of year value is on form 5498-SA. You may or may not have received this yet, because the HSA plan administrator is not required to send it to you until May 31st.

However, you can surely call your HSA plan administrator or go to their website to look at your account to get the value of the HSA on December 31, 2016.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

You don't receive the 5329; TurboTax creates it for you when you have excess contributions that are carried over to the next year.

The HSA end of year value is on form 5498-SA. You may or may not have received this yet, because the HSA plan administrator is not required to send it to you until May 31st.

However, you can surely call your HSA plan administrator or go to their website to look at your account to get the value of the HSA on December 31, 2016.

Thank you BMcCalpin.  Reg 5329 , I am not able to see that form in my TurboTax Delux Software, if you can guide me where I can see it. 

I am 40 year old and have deposited $5500 into my wife traditional IRA account in ~Dec 2019 for 2019 year contribution, but due to total gross salary exceeded its limit, I cannot take tax advantage on that deposit, so requested to withdraw [non-deductable / excess contribution]. Fidelity sent me excess contribution amount $5500 and earnings [ $11.05 ] along with a letter, and Fidelity will send my 1099-R form in Jan 2021. I think I have to file this withdrawal in 2019 tax filling, right ? Can I file TAX online using TurboTax or I have to file paper base due to form 5329? If online I can file, then where I can find this form in Turbo TAX delux SW, as not seeing it anywhere. 

My wife is working part time and her employer doesn't cover "Retirement Plan at Work", so I created her traditional IRA account. 

@Kmalesh 

See your other question:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/retirement/discussion/re-do-not-pay-any-penalty-the-irs-almost-nev...

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

I need help!

MarilynG1
Expert Alumni

@Rrecinos73 TurboTax creates form 5329-T for you if you made an Excess Contribution to your HSA.

If your HSA contribution is reported on your W-2, don't enter it again in the HSA section, or you will end up with an 'Excess Contribution' and Form 5329-T. 

TurboTax picks up your HSA Contribution when you enter your W-2. 

If this applies to you, go back to the HSA section and delete the duplicate entry. 

Click this link for more info on Excess HSA Contribution

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies