turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Unable to change or edit my property taxes. It was previously saved as $0.0 and I'm unable to update. Field is not editable on TurboTax Premier 2017

I did update already and I was already up to date. line 2a under Real Estate taxes has no shading and the cell has no entry. Note I just added the tax about to Other Property Taxes. Hopefully that provides the same tax deduction.

Unable to change or edit my property taxes. It was previously saved as $0.0 and I'm unable to update. Field is not editable on TurboTax Premier 2017

Note I just added the tax to Other Property Taxes. Hopefully that provides the same tax deduction.

That solved the problem. Note the Other Property block remains editable, but the Main Home block is not editable. Bizarre!
KrisD
Intuit Alumni

I'm glad you were able to enter the amount and unsure why there was so much trouble doing that.
nikkiw218
Returning Member

Double click on that entry box.  It'll give you the form to enter it in.

when I returned to the medical section I was unable to change data previously inpit. There is a blue teardrop shape showing

DawnC
Employee Tax Expert

You may have supporting forms from last year in there preventing you from entering this year's data.  Sometimes (if you transferred in a previous year's tax return), a $0 gets stuck on line items that had supporting detail information attached and you can't edit it.   You can into Forms mode and erase that detail or fix it from the interview mode.     When you click on EDIT next to the medical expense entry spot and see a $0 that you can't edit, there are 2 things you can do: 

• Double click in the field and use the Red X (Remove) to remove the supporting details worksheet.  or
  • Go to the top Edit menu (Windows versions only) and choose Add Supporting Details.   Then click on the Red X (Remove) at the top. 

Either one of these should allow you to enter your expenses.   @sjmiracle

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies