Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jljohn61

I did a 1031 like kind exchange with some real estate. Can I use Turbotax Deluxe, or do I need Premier?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
KatrinaB
Intuit Alumni

I did a 1031 like kind exchange with some real estate. Can I use Turbotax Deluxe, or do I need Premier?

You will need TurboTax Premier to file Form 8824 and report a 1031 like kind exchange of real estate.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
KatrinaB
Intuit Alumni

You will need TurboTax Premier to file Form 8824 and report a 1031 like kind exchange of real estate.

jljohn61

Thank you for your fast response.
KatrinaB
Intuit Alumni

You're welcome.
EvelyneSMitchell
Returning Member

I have 2018 Turbo Tax Premier. For 2019 I just want to see Form 8824 to gather the data that I need to fill out that form. I would like to print a blank form just to gather data so when I get ready to do my Tax Return, I have everything. Thank you.

emeiorin
Returning Member

You can use TurboTax Deluxe, which includes Like-Kind Exchange and Form 8824.  But....

The TurboTax Deluxe "Help Topics List" does not give instructions on how to prepare a Like-Kind Exchange.

The TurboTax Interview does not ask if any property exchanges were made - you have to seek it out.

TurboTax has a very informative guide to like-kind exchanges and the IRS form on which they are reported, Form 8824, at the following link:

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/tax-tips/IRS-Tax-Forms/What-is-IRS-Form-8824--Like-Kind-Exchan...

The Intuit Community Forums is very helpful on this topic, or call Intuit (Search Menu - Contact Us) during business hours.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies