turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

davisb38

I can't get the EIN from my son's day Care

We left the day care on bad terms for how they treated my son and now they wont send me a tax form with their EIN so I can file my taxes, what do I do?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
SherekaB

By Federal law they must provide this information. You can send the provider a W-10 (Request for Taxpayer Information and Identification Number). Get the form at https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw10.pdf, fill out what you can and send it via certified mail and be sure to make copies for yourself.

If you do not want to go through this you can paper file your return and attach a copy of the W-10 that you sent. You will still receive your refund.  The IRS will not accept this electronically without the EIN number.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
SherekaB

By Federal law they must provide this information. You can send the provider a W-10 (Request for Taxpayer Information and Identification Number). Get the form at https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw10.pdf, fill out what you can and send it via certified mail and be sure to make copies for yourself.

If you do not want to go through this you can paper file your return and attach a copy of the W-10 that you sent. You will still receive your refund.  The IRS will not accept this electronically without the EIN number.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies