esmolock

I bought a new floor for a nonprofit ballet studio. I am being reimbursed for half the cost. Can I claim the other half as a donation? If so, is it a $ or item donation?

PatriciaV

It depends. Is the ballet studio a registered charity? Did you receive written confirmation of your donation, with the date and the value of your contribution?

If you can adequately document your donation to a registered charity, you may report your contribution on your tax return.

Report this as a dollar contribution unless you actually delivered and/or installed the new floor to the studio.

For more help, see: 

PatriciaV

For more help, see: