How do I enter my charitable donations in TurboTax?
You have two options:
- Enter your charitable donations in our free ItsDeductible program which is available year-round. When tax time comes, simply import your donations from ItsDeductible into TurboTax.
- Manually enter your charitable donations directly into TurboTax (instructions below).
Either way, you'll need TurboTax Deluxe (or higher), as our Free Edition and Basic versions don't support the Schedule A that's needed to report charitable contributions.
How to manually enter your donations in TurboTax
- Open (continue) your return in TurboTax.
- In the search box, search for donations and then click the "Jump to" link in the search results.
- Answer Yes to Did you make any donations to charity?
- On the next screen, answer Yes if you want to import your donations from ItsDeductible; otherwise answer No.
- Continue with the onscreen instructions.