Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

hyolymar

I bought a house last year and have 3 1098 forms, 1 from the company that approved the loan, and 2 from my current mortgage company. Do I enter all three of them?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
AnnetteB
Intuit Alumni

I bought a house last year and have 3 1098 forms, 1 from the company that approved the loan, and 2 from my current mortgage company. Do I enter all three of them?

Enter the one for the originator and at least one of the ones from your current servicer.  They are reporting amounts you paid during the time that each lender serviced your loan. 

However, be cautious about the two that you received from your current loan servicer.  One of those could be a corrected form.  If you have a question about why they sent you two forms, please contact them for some clarification before including them both with your return.

After you have entered the information from the first 1098, click the blue Add a Lender link to enter the information from the second 1098. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
AnnetteB
Intuit Alumni

Enter the one for the originator and at least one of the ones from your current servicer.  They are reporting amounts you paid during the time that each lender serviced your loan. 

However, be cautious about the two that you received from your current loan servicer.  One of those could be a corrected form.  If you have a question about why they sent you two forms, please contact them for some clarification before including them both with your return.

After you have entered the information from the first 1098, click the blue Add a Lender link to enter the information from the second 1098. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies