d_horacek

I am married with 2 kids, earning less than 100,000 annually together. On line G I'm thinking I should put 1? Is this correct?

MelaineC

Because of changes in our tax system, the IRS is currently working on the new W-4, the 2018 withholding tables article from the IRS website can give you more information on this.  However, if you want more taxes taken out, the number on G line should be small.  The larger the number the less taken out, therefore, if you have a 1, you will be paying more taxes each month from your paycheck.  Please use this information to help you decide.  Below is an excerpt which was taken from the article I have included above.

The calculator and new Form W-4 can be used by employees who wish to update their withholding in response to the new law or changes in their personal circumstances in 2018, and by workers starting a new job. Until a new Form W-4 is issued, employees and employers should continue to use the 2017 Form W-4.

MelaineC

On which form?
d_horacek

W4. We had to pay a lot of federal taxes for 2017 I want to make sure I'm doing it right this year.
MelaineC