Solved: I am itemizing deductions on my 2017 federal return. I would like to itemize deductions on my New York return--don't ask why--but I can't figure out how to do so. How?

I am itemizing deductions on my 2017 federal return. I would like to itemize deductions on my New York return--don't ask why--but I can't figure out how to do so. How?

Turbotax insists on giving me the standard deduction on my New York State return.  

New York's Standard Deduction is higher than the federal Standard Deduction for each filing status.

New York's itemized deductions start with the federal itemized deductions, and makes specific adjustments. In TurboTax Premier for Windows, you can view the forms in your state return by clicking on Forms in the upper right corner of your screen. Review your Form IT-201-D, and the worksheet  IT-201-D Sub Adj to see how your deduction was calculated or limited.

There is no way to force it to use the standard deduction if your New York itemized deductions are larger than your New York standard deduction.

[Edit: 03/08/18 3:34 PM]

[Edit: 03/08/18 3:34 PM]

@hjkarloff There is no way to force it to use the standard deduction if your New York itemized deductions are larger than your New York standard deduction. I've edited my answer accordingly.