MicheleM0

I am a W-2 employee and rented office space for 5 months. Where do I enter that?

JaimeG

If this was an unreimbursed expense that is Job-related and required by your employer, you must enter this information in Form 2106. This sum of items in this form are then transferred to Schedule A (Itemized Deduction). Job-related expenses are a Miscellaneous Deduction that is subject to the 2% of AGI limit; only the amount (from the sum) of Miscellaneous Deductions that are above 2% of your AGI is deductible. Additionally, Schedule A will only benefit your Tax return if the sum of all Itemized Deductions exceeds the amount of your Standard Deduction

Standard Deduction Amounts; Tax Year 2016

• Single $6,300.00
  • Married Filing Joint or Qualified Widow(er) $12,600.00
  • Married Filing Separate $6,300.00
  • Head of Household $9300.00
  • Dependent $1,050.00

To Enter these expenses in TurboTax please follow the instructions in the FAQ below: 

JaimeG

• Single $6,300.00
  • Married Filing Separate $6,300.00
  • Head of Household $9300.00
  • Dependent $1,050.00