user19931911

I am a mechanic I have individual receipts for every tool I have purchased to do my job the asset page doesn't apply to most of them. the expenses doesn't give a category for tools even though i put the proper term for my job title which is Automotive Tec

How to I list out everything individually for my tool expenditures?
suzyquzy

Just total them up, enter in the other deductions and call it Tools.

user19931911

Where can I find the "other deductions" section?
suzyquzy

Are you filling out a Schedule C or Form 206?
user19931911

Where is the other deductions section?
user19931911

I haven't the slightest. Basically I am employed by an Automotive repair facility. However to perform my job I am require to purchase my own tools. In 2016 I spent over $2016.56 on one tool truck and a lot on another. I only made $25000 last year and spent a decent percentage just to be able to perform my job
suzyquzy

In order to claim this expense, you have to first itemize deductions. At your level of income, I would guess you are claiming the standard deduction. If you do itemize, the tools are employee business expenses and only deductible to the extent they exceed 2% of your income.
But I think your standard deduction will be higher than itemized and you should use the standard deduction.
user19931911

On the one tool truck alone my expenses were 12% of my income so I am still lost
suzyquzy

Just use the standard deduction. You do not have enough expenses to claim itemized deductions.