mind523

I am a dental hygienist working in a private office. Trying to enter my 1099MISC but the form is implying that it is my business, asking for EIN and method of accounting?

maglib

if the amount of money you earned is over $400 you are considered self employed and owe self employment taxes.  Amounts under $400 can be reported as other income on the return.  There are rules though if your employer is not treating you correctly under the law as an employee and giving you a w-2. Do you bill the clients or does he pay you a salary? Your employer may be trying to get out of paying your employment taxes.  <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/understanding-employee-vs-contractor-designation">https://www.irs.gov/n...>
**I don't work for TT. Just trying to help. All the best.
***Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
MinhT

When you receive form 1099-MISC, you are considered as self-employed, i.e. you are in business as a dental hygienist.

The business here refers to yours and not the dental office. You do not need an EIN if you have no employees.

In the business section, state that you have no EIN (see attached screenshot).

Your accounting method is cash accounting.