blakekelley127

I accidentally made a wrong selection on the HSA and now there is a value in the "Excess Employee Contributions" field that shouldn't be there.

I think I accidently said that I did not have a HDHP and now there is a value in the Excess Employee Contribution field that I cannot get to go away. Any way to start over a section such as this?

PaulaM

You can delete the Form 8889-T/S  and/or the Form 5329 (penalty form) and begin again. To delete:

• Sign into your account, then select the 'take me to my return' button
  • Select Tax Tools, Tools, Delete a form
  • Scroll list for the form and Delete

Then revisit the section. Type 'hsa' in the search box and select the 'jump to' link. Select edit on the landing page and continue to the HDHP question.

Note: If you contributed via a payroll deduction and have Box 12 code W, do not enter the contribution again in the HSA section. This will calculate as an excess contribution.

Let me know if this clears your issue.