aktharp88

HSA Summary, where it says deductions, is that were I put the gross distribution amount in box one of my 1099-SA

BMcCalpin

No, In the HSA Summary, the amount next to Deduction is the amount that you contributed to your HSA outside of a payroll deduction plan (section 125/cafeteria plan).

The amount from box 1 of your 1099-SA is your "total distribution", that is, the amount of money that you spent from your HSA (probably using a debit card) on medical expenses.

Normally, if you completed the HSA interview, the "total distributions" in the HSA Summary would be the amount in box one on your 1099-SA and "taxable distributions" would be zero.

BMcCalpin