pflynn2424

How do you handle proceeds of a mobile home sale in North Carolina? Home was my mother's, left to my brother & I when she died in September.

IreneS

UPDATED FOR TAX YEAR 2019

I'm sorry for your loss.  The sale of the mobile home is treated as the sale of an investment. To report the sale of personal property for a gain you will need to upgrade to the Premier edition

To enter an investment sale other than from a brokerage account (1099-B), follow the steps below.

1. Click on Federal > Wages & Income [In TT Self-Employed:  Federal > Income & Expenses.]
  2. In the Investment Income section click on the Start/Revisit box next to Stocks, Mutual Funds, Bonds, Other.  
  3. If you have already entered some investment sales, you will see a screen Here's the investment sales info we have so far.  Click on the Add More Sales link.  
  4. If you haven't already entered some investment sales, you will see a screen Did you sell any investments in 2019?  Click the Yes box.
  5. On the screen, Now we’ll walk you through entering your sale details, select Other from the dropdown list.
  6. Enter the other requested information about the sale  and click Continue.  
  7. Continue through the screens, entering the requested information.

[Edited | 3/23/2020 |  11:47 am PDT]

Carl

Who was the legally appointed and recognized administrator of her estate after she passed? You maybe? You did run everything through probate court first, right?
IreneS

UPDATED FOR TAX YEAR 2019

[Edited | 3/23/2020 |  11:47 am PDT]